Law Offices of RUSSELL J MATSON PC
Experienced Massachusetts DUI Attorney
FOR A DUI OR OUI
You have a ton of questions, & I've got the answers.
- What could happen to me?
- Am I going to lose my license?
- Am I going to jail?
- Should I fight my case, or work out a deal?
- How long will it take to get through this?
Yes, there is a DUI defense law firm you can talk to, who understands what you want, who is interested in you and your business, promptly returns phone calls, and knows how to get results.
Get a Free Initial Consultation with the Law Offices of Russell J Matson
Experienced, Authoritative, Recognized, & Cited
GET CRIMINAL DEFENSE HELP NOW
There are lots of DUI attorneys and law firms out there. Here are just a few of the reasons why myself and my associate attorneys at the Law Offices of Russell J. Matson, PC are the attorneys for you:
- We Will Solve Your Problem. Most people want to make this go away as fast as possible. We can often get you back on the road within a week of hiring us, by moving up the court date and working with the Registry hearings officers.
- We Will Fight For You. We love taking cases to trial, and fighting for people who are getting screwed over. And this still happens all the time in DUI cases.
- We Will Protect You. Even if you are pretty sure you just want to settle the charge as quickly as possible, we'll review your case thoroughly to look for any hidden defense options. Sometimes the police just screw up, and there is an opportunity to get the case dismissed. Without an experienced lawyer on the case, you might never know if your case had a strong chance of getting tossed out. And if you take a plea, it's too late to fix it later.
- We Will Be Straight With You. We'll tell you exactly what you are up against, what your chance of beating the case are, and what it'll take to do it. It's ALWAYS about what is best for you, our client. We work for you. We give you the best advice we can, but it's always your decision.
We're experts at working out hardship license problems to get you back to your life.
We defend people, not criminals. We know it is regular people who call our firm every day. Some are people who have made a mistake they feel terrible about and they just want to figure out what they should do about it.
And quite a few people who have been screwed by the system, arrested unfairly and treated poorly. This happens far more often than most people think.
While I am very confident about my legal knowledge and advice, it’s all about what matters to you. With two nearly identical cases, one client might choose to go to trial, and another client might want to quickly work out a deal.
And they are both right, because it’s about your life and your circumstances, not what I think as your lawyer.
Our job is to do what is in your best interest and provide you with the best possible information to make what can be difficult decisions. And criminal charges can be a life changing event, so we always want you to get it right.
Give us a call, let’s get the ball rolling, and you will be on your way to solving this problem.
Call anytime, 24 hours a day at (781) 380-7730.
Here's how I will help you get your life back
If you are reading my website, I know that it is not a happy circumstance that brought you here. But we can help you solve your problem and get you back to your life.
The team at my law firm is dedicated to helping people under extremely difficult and stressful circumstances, a Massachusetts DUI arrest. We are here to help you fix your legal problem, and get back to your life, and back on the road as quickly as is possible. We know exactly what you are going through, and are always empathetic and on your side.
When we do work out plea deals, we try to expedite the process for you so you can be back to your normal routine in about a week. But we also fight lots of cases in court. This is an important choice I with help you work through.
There is no “one size fits all” answer for these questions or I’d just put it right here on the page for you! Every case is different, and it takes an experienced attorney to ask you a few questions and evaluate the answers. Did you take a breath test? Did you perform any field sobriety tests? What else happened during your arrest?
As part of a brief phone conversation with you, I’ll have a much better idea about what happened, what you are up against, and how we can solve your legal problem. Also, reviewing the police report is extremely helpful in understanding the evidence they have against you.
Myself and my attorneys have read literally thousands of different OUI police reports. So we've seen and heard it all. Whatever you are going through it not going to be a suprise to us. So we can work quickly to size up your case and tell you what your best options are.
While many people are horrified when they read what the police officer wrote about them, I have found that it is often not nearly as bad as you think. After all, the officer did arrest you, so it is natural that he is going to make it seem like you were drunk and out of control. But that is very often not the case.
But you can decide all this for yourself. That is what our free consultation is all about. If you decide I’m not the attorney for you, for whatever reason, there is no obligation.
We take calls nights and weekends, because if you’ve been arrested and have to be in court tomorrow for an arraignment, you are worried and don’t want to wait for answers. I wrote up a brief guide about what happens at an arraignment here.
Really, it will be ok!
But please call now if you need help. (781) 380-7730.
Court Date Tomorrow?
Here’s What You Need to Know Right Now! If you are about to appear in court for an Arraignment on an OUI charge, don’t panic! I've got the Frequently Asked Questions and answers you need to be ready for court. It will be ok.
Already been Arraigned?
Here’s what you need to know before your next pretrial court date. Give us a call when you can to discuss how we can help. If you want to solve it quickly, call us right away.
Why Hire Us?
There are lots of DUI attorneys out there. Here are just a few of the reasons why myself and the my associates at The Law Offices of Russell J. Matson, PC are the attorneys for you:
- Experience: This is what we do, everyday. I started my law practice in 1998 and I’ve been doing almost exclusively DUI defense for all these years. I have studied every aspect of DUI law.
- Preparation – When attorneys from my firm show up in court, we come armed with every possible motion, or piece of evidence imaginable to help or protect our clients rights. While you can’t predict everything that might happen in court, we are always ready to seize any opportunity that presents itself to help our clients. I can honestly say that I’ve never seen a lawyer more prepared to defend an OUI case than my team.
- Empathy: While having the legal stuff down is critical, while in court we will ultimately be spending much more time just talking to you, explaining all your options in each situation and circumstance. That way, you can be a little more relaxed at this understandably stressful time.
- Results: We have negotiated some deals for clients in tricky cases that honestly, very few other lawyers could have pulled off. And when we take cases to trial, our record is very good. We win more than 2/3s of the time.
And after your court case is over, we are still not done. If you are eligible for a hardship license, we will help you get that approved. It is a relatively straightforward matter, but sometimes the paperwork can be a little tricky, so we will make sure to go with you to the Registry hearings office with you and get your limited hardship license.
And if there are other things we can do for you as a former client going forward, we will just do them. A recent court case changed the eligibility for license reinstatement, at least for a brief time. My staff combed through our previous case files, filed the appropriate paperwork, and I had the happy responsibility to call up clients from past years and let them know they could get their license back months before they ever expected!
We have represented clients in every district courthouse in Massachusetts. Myself or one of my associates are prepared to meet you in court whenever you need us. We like to travel and we are regulars in many courts across the Commonwealth, big and small.
With many talented attorneys at my firm, we are able to help a lot of people. On any given morning, I might have a jury trial in Brockton District Court, and my associate attorneys could have a Motion to Suppress hearing in Worcester, and an arraignment in Boston followed by a Registry hearing at the downtown RMV.
But we all follow the same high standards of case preparation and client service to get you the best outcome possible with the fewest additional difficulties in your life.
And we are all dedicated to focusing on the needs of our clients above all else.
I know there is a lot for you to understand in any complicated criminal legal matter, and you will have some decisions to make. Please give me a call so I can offer specific advice for your exact situation.
Call (781)380-7730 today for a legal defense consultation on any DUI charge. And whatever you decide, whether you hire me or not, I wish you the best of luck with your case.
Russell Matson, Massachusetts DUI Attorney
Attorney Russell Matson is a recognized authority in the areas of Drunk Driving / DUI & OUI law, criminal law, motor vehicle law, Clerk Magistrate's Hearings, Registry and driver’s license issues in Massachusetts.